Iteration

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark Brown
    Participant

I always have a terrible time with iteration.  What I’m trying to do with the XLATE is when there’s a “A” in RXC:1, then put “O” in ZRX:5. The people that wanted this to happen didn’t say there was the chance of multiple RXC segments so I was going update ZRX:5 if any RXC:1 fields had “A”. I don’t get an error, but I don’t populate ZRX:5 either.  Here is the XLATE:

{ { OP DATECOPYOPT }

{ ADDPREC 0 }

{ FABRICATE 1 }

{ USECURTM 1 }

{ RANGE {49 20 19} }

{ TMDEFS {01 01 00 00 00 0000 +0000} }

{ DELIMIT {/ :} }

}

{ { OP BULKCOPY }

{ ERR 0 }

}

{ { OP ITERATE }

{ BASIS 2(0).2(0).RXC }

{ VAR %s1 }

{ TYPE segment }

{ BODY {

{ { OP COMMENT }

{ COMMENT {TODO: Insert new actions here} }

}

{ { OP IF }

{ ERR 0 }

{ COND { 2(0).2(0).RXC(%s1).#1(0)  eq =A} }

{ THENBODY {

{ { OP COMMENT }

{ COMMENT {TODO: Insert new actions here} }

}

{ { OP COPY }

{ ERR 0 }

{ IN =O }

{ OUT 2(0).2(0).ZRX(0).#5(0) }

}

}}

{ ELSEBODY {

}}

}

}}

}

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mark,

Make sure your basis is correct and thus this is really a segment repetition and not a group repetition.

After that, if still not working I would investigate whether you need to reference at the component level in your IF.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mary Kobis
      Participant

I use the testing tool, HL7 tab, to verify my basis with the inbound message.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mark,

Make sure your basis is correct and thus this is really a segment repetition and not a group repetition.

After that, if still not working I would investigate whether you need to reference at the component level in your IF.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

When using the testing tool to determine the basis, make sure you reference the same source variant used in you xlate.  Paths can be different depending on the variant.

Mark Brown
      Participant

This just got strange. I know I probably committed some kind of sin for doing this, but I wrote the XLATE on our test engine which is 6.2. I decided to create the XLATE on our production system which is still 6.0. It didn’t work either. I found an error in the variant I created.  I fixed that. Still didn’t work.  I then spent time deleting, re-adding, changing the XLATE around until I got it back to how it was originally.  And now it works.  The XLATE is identical to what is on 6.2 and it originally didn’t work, but  now it does.  I used the same file for test input in both cases.

I’m more worried than happy it’s working now.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mark,

There is known issue (I hoped it would be corrected in 6.2 but apparently not).

That issue is sometimes when in an IF or an ITERATE and changes are made, they show up in the GUI but are not committed to the file.

This issue has caused me grief many times (and I suspect others was well).

What I do is if it appears the changes I have made are not being shown in testing, I close the Xlate then open it again. I then check the section of logic I had an issue with. Many times the changes are not there and I need to make them again.

That could be what happened to you.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags