Iterate Clarification from Group to Field/Segment

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Iterate Clarification from Group to Field/Segment

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Wethey
    Participant

I am looking to Iterate on the OBX fields and I am looking for claification on what the difference is for Field and Segment from Group.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Chris,

If I understand correctly you want to know how to address the OBX-5 field repetitions.

You will need an ITERATE subordinate to the OBX Group Iteration which is defined as a Field Iteration and assign it a %fx (like %f1) counter. Let’s assume %f1. Then your address path would look like this:

1(%g1).1(%g2).1(%g3).OBX(0).#5(%f1)

So you will have 4 ITERATES all nested together. In each subordinate ITERATE remember to specify the predecessor group counter in the appropriate position of the basis address path. Like this:

ITERATE Group 1

basis 1

ITERATE Group 2

basis1(%g1).1

ITERATE Group 3

basis 1(%g1).1(%g2)

ITERATE Field 1

basis 1(%g1).1(%g2).1(%g3).OBX(0).#5

By the way do the messages you receive really have rpetitions at each of those groups. If not there is no need to specify those iterations.

For example if this is a result (ORU), normally multiple patients are not sent in a single message (Group1) and a lot of systems only send one Ordered result in a single message (Group 2).

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Chris Wethey
      Participant

Jim,

Would I have to iterate for the NTE outbound if copying the field from OBX to NTE but have to Iterate for another field in the NTE since it seems to be looking for it when displayed in the Xlate process when creating.

1(%g1).1(%g2).1(%g3).NTE(0).#3(%f1).[0]

Would the %f1 be for the NTE( ) then %f2 be for the field #3 field.  The other thing we are looking to do is delete the OBX record since the third party vendor does not like having OBX tx record and NTE record in the file.  

Chris

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags