Issue with Port Hung Up in Interface

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Issue with Port Hung Up in Interface

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Wethey
    Participant

We are connected with a third party and we are finding that the Port in the interface has to be restarted to re-establish a connection to the third party.  The interface is showing UP but the third party is trying to send to our interface.  We cannot check the activity due to no experience with the background of the interface.  The Auto-Reconnect is set to 5 not sure if we have to change another configuration.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

I suspect the sending system may not be fully tearing down the connection when they disconnect (thus Cloverleaf still shows up), and then they try to open another connection.

Brandon Grudt
      Participant

What do the port statuses on each of the servers say?  I use currports as it makes it easy to tell which ports are doing what.  Are you able to receive a single message, then it stops, or is it not connecting at all?  Is this using a VPN?  Is this a feed that has been working until recently?  Could they be not receiving or rejecting your ack?

Luke Anderson
      Participant

We have this problem with a couple of vendors that send to our Cloverleaf.  I installed an auto-bounce with the inactivity alert for these threads and that has taken care of the problem.  I usually set these up so the auto-bounce happens after 1 or 2 hours of inactivity.

Chris Wethey
      Participant

Luke, We have a cron job within the Linux server that performs a PRESTART process but does not seem to be working the way that the other jobs we have to shut off the feed to FTP a file out.  What is the name of the program that you are using to auto bounce and is it linux friendly.  Thanks

Chris

Luke Anderson
      Participant

Our alert calls a bat file and sends three parameters in the call as below via an exec type action in the alert:

@echo off

REM arguments used:  %1  %2  %3

REM  1% = process name

REM  2% = thread name

REM  3% = site name

f:

cd healthvisioncis5.8integratorbin

call setroot f:healthvisioncis5.8integrator %3

hcicmd -p %1 -c “%2 pstop”

REM Wait for 5 seconds before re-starting thread

ping -n 5 localhost > NUL

hcicmd -p %1 -c “%2 pstart”

exit

We are a Window shop so I don’t know if this would work on a Linux box.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags