Issue with Parsing and Lists

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Issue with Parsing and Lists

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon Melin
    Participant

Hello,

I am working on an issue that requires me to pull some CPT codes out of a comment field. I know it’s not ideal, but it’s our only option for some sort of solution based on the limitations of the source system messages.

Here is an example of what I receive in the NTE comments:

NTE|1|PM_TRANSACTION|6/23/2017 10:23:00

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Terry Kellum
      Participant

Have you tried

Code:

set xlateOutVals [split $final ” “]

Sometimes it’s difficult to determine “list” contexts.

If cloverleaf interprets it as a scalar, you will see this.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Try removing the list command.

set xlateOutVals

to:

set xlateOutVals $final

I believe $final is already a list.

The list iterate can be trickier if you want a dynamic length list each time.

James Cobane
      Participant

Depending on what fields you have listed on the output side of your COPY statement, this will impact your output as well.  When you set xlateOutVals to

,  you are putting all the values into one field, so all the values will be put as a single result into whatever field you have specified on the output side of your COPY statement.  If you set xlateOutVals to [split $final] , then you will have multiple values and would need to list multiple fields on the output side of your COPY statement to capture all the values.

Hope that makes sense.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Jon Melin
      Participant

Perfect. This all helps me see the things I’ve missed. All have been useful for me to figure this out. I appreciate the help thus far from everyone.  

I do have it now storing into a list and if I add multiple outputs to the xlate like James recommended, I can then grab each one individually by calling the variable I’ve saved them into.

I’m still not able to retrieve them by list index, so if I enter something like this, with the next index:

set item [lindex $xlateInVals 1]

set xlateOutVals $item

I get a blank. So it’s clearly still thinking it’s in one field it appears. Which reflects what James said. Right now if I know how many to expect inbound it wouldn’t be an issue because I can just create that many variables in my output on my COPY statement and build it from there. So it still seems like even when I’m placing the list into one output variable, I’m not able to grab them by index, but maybe that’s not even the correct way to approach this.

Essentially my initial thought was to put the whole list into one variable. Check it’s length, knowing how many values there are, and then grab them individually out of the list as I build the PR1 segment. It seems I can do this if I assign a output variable in my COPY to each, but how could I dynamically build the variables in the output COPY field for a varying number? Or rather, should I use hardcoded values in the output COPY, up to a max number (i.e. 5) and just check if they are empty afterward?

Thank you again.

Ron Pinter
      Participant

Jon

Attached is an example Xlate to iterate thru the Temporary variable and create the PR1 segments.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags