Is it possible to get trxID of a message from the meta ?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Is it possible to get trxID of a message from the meta ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anwar Husain
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to get trxID of a message from the meta properties, after it has got through translation, without running the trxID routine again on the source message?

I am trying to log the entry & exit of messages. I would like to find the trxID of the source message from a destination message. For eg: message M1 gets

translated to M2. I can get M1 is MID from M2’s metadata (SOURCEMID). Is it possible to query M1 or M2 to get M1’s trxID ?

Thanks

Anwar

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Anwar,

The TRXID is not stored as part of the metadata, but you could store it in the metadata using the User Metadata field.  You would need a proc to pull the TRXID from the message and store it into the User Metadata field; i.e.

msgmetaset $mh USERDATA “Your TRXID here”

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Anwar Husain
      Participant

Thanks James. I thought of the idea, but yes, we would need a proc doing that.

Thanks for your time again.

Anwar

Terry Kellum
      Participant

I think the message is protected from writing in the TrxID proc.

I’m wondering if this goes for the Metadata as well…?

Richard Hart
      Participant

Hi Anwar.

We use this routing method frequenty. Our ‘generic’ routing TCL code is:

proc gen_code_trx_id {aMsgId} {

#

# The Application is in the message user data set in the xlate function

#

set myTrxId [msgmetaget $aMsgId USERDATA]

return $myTrxId

}

You will need to ensure that the ‘Trx Id determonation Format’ information is set correctly (newer versions have UPOC) in the NetConfig file and that the meta data is set correctly for ALL messages in another TCL script with appropriate logic.

eg

set myRoute A

if {} {

set myRoute B

}

msgmetaget $aMsgId USERDATA $myRoute

Anwar Husain
      Participant

Many thanks Richard & Terry.

How do I get access to the USERDATA metafield in the Xlate pane ? I don’t see getting access to the message handle for querying the metadata.

Thanks

Anwar

Mark Thompson
      Participant

Hi Anwar,

In an xltp proc, $xlateId is the message handle.  You can use:

Code:

xmpmetaget $xlateId USERDATA

to access USERDATA.  Other metadata keys are also available.

This is a powerful way to communicate information about a message as it passes through various stages of Cloverleaf.  Many people choose to treat USERDATA as a keyed list, allowing it to organize and store multiple values.

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Anwar Husain
      Participant

Perfect. Thanks Mark. Have a good day.

Thanks

Anwar

Russ Ross
      Participant

Anwar Husain:

I posted an example of a xlt proc ( xlt_USERDATA_keylset.tcl ) I wrote to set user meta-data at this URL to show exactly how others could do the same thing.

<a href="http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1367&highlight=xltuserdatakeylset&#8221; class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1367&highlight=xltuserdatakeylset

Since the proc is argument driven you can simply use it without having to do much inventing yourself.

The post also shows how my downstream outbound interface extracts the user meta-data of interest, which might be a similar enough example to be somewhat applicable for you to use parts of.

Even though my downstream logic is embedded in a downstream UPOC, the logic could have been inside a TPS proc and worked in case you are wondering about that.

As others have mentioned I choose to have user meta-data be a keyed list so multiple things could be valued for a single message if desired.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags