Is Infor pricing causing CL to lose market share?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Is Infor pricing causing CL to lose market share?

• Creator
    Topic
    Christopher Wells
    Participant

I have been involved in two long-term contracts over the past few years where Cloverleaf was the dominant interface engine in use.  Both of these contracts have been with large multi-hospital systems.  Also in both cases the management have begun either a) adding a supplemental engine to handle certain services which they deemed too pricey with infor/Cloverleaf, or b) deciding to migrate over time to a completely new engine for the same reason.  

Web services pricing was one of the items I was told point blank was the cause of the migration in once case.  Management simply stated that Infor’s pricing was just too expensive.

Memo to Infor:  Please wake up!  You will make more money through volume than you will through high-priced licensing of particular services.  I have a number of years invested in Cloverleaf technology and I think it is an excellent product (I have worked with a number of other engines and like Cloverleaf the best).  I don’t want to see Infor lose out to inferior engines due to short-sightedness on the pricing issue.

Christopher Wells

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Terry Kellum
      Participant

AMEN!!!  Had we been “Born” in the era after healthcare.com, we would have made a different choice.  The market has several interesting engines and Cloverleaf Analysts are focused on coding.  That requires flexibility.

Flexibility tendency in a customer base produced a lower bar for breaking lock-in.  You should know your customers demographically.  If you are assuming lock in, I think you can see from the numbers that it’s not the advantage that your pricing structure would suggest.

^^^^ SHIRT SPEAK.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags