Is anyone running Cloverleaf 5.5 on AIX 6.1?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Is anyone running Cloverleaf 5.5 on AIX 6.1?

• Creator
    Topic
    Glenn Friedenreich
    Participant

We’re planning to upgrade our OS from AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1 TL03.  Our current project schedule does not allow us to upgrade Cloverleaf from our current Cloverleaf 5.5 version to Cloverleaf 5.8.  I learned from  Lawson Support that the highest qualified AIX level for Cloverleaf 5.5 is AIX 5.3.  (By the way, the highest AIX level qualified for Cloverleaf 5.8 is AIX 6.1 TL01, per Lawson Support.)  

Is anyone running Cloverleaf 5.5 on AIX 6.1?

Thanks

– Glenn

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Michael Golovach
      Participant

Glen,

When I started our 5.8 upgrade project I asked Lawson Support about AIX 6.1 Technology Levels.  I was told that the TL didn’t matter.  That was verbal; I don’t have it in writing.  I am testing 5.8 on AIX 6.1 TL8 and have had not problems.

Mike

Russ Ross
      Participant

I agree that jumping technical levels has usually not been that big of deal.

I consider jumping base version of AIX from 5.x to 6.x to be a much bigger deal wihtout upgrading cloverleaf.

Since I never tried upgrading a base version of AIX witout upgrading cloverleaf I can’t say for sure.

My response on this from HelathVision previously was more of a definite “NO it will not work” rather than a vague answer like “it’s not verified on that version of the OS”, which implies it might work.

I also seem to recall, for those versions of cloverleaf that could potentially run on say eithter AIX 5.x or AIX 6.x, there are separate install CDs that you need to use.

This also implies to me that upping the AIX base level without doing the same for Cloverleaf is questionable or perhaps ill advised.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

I was told the same thing by support.  That the TL does not matter, that they qualified the version under the TL specified.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Bob Richardson
      Participant

One and All,

Another caveat here:  you take your chances that the lower Release level of Cloverleaf will run on a higher uncertified OS for that release:  if you have problems, the response from Cloverleaf support will be:  upgrade Cloverleaf and then call me in the morning if you still have problems.

The other item that I have heard in the past from Cloverleaf support is that if you are more than two versions behind in the Release, it is technically unsupported:  you need to remain no more than one Release behind at any time.

That has been our strategy to stay within one Release version of the current one.

If you have a test environment, consider perhaps upgrading the Cloverleaf

to at least 5.7R2 (where we are at the moment) which will run under AIX5.x and then upgrade the OS to AIX6.1.  TL can be higher (we are at TL 6).  Then upgrade the production to CIS5.7R2 – stabilize – then upgrade the OS to AIX6.1.

Just a suggestion to play catch up ball here.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags