INVISION SIEMENS — SNA connection

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf INVISION SIEMENS — SNA connection

• Creator
    Topic
    mike brown
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone has successfully went from SNA – CLNK {ETHERLS} to TCP-IP for the INVISION TIF and RTIF connections to cloverleaf.

IF so what were the steps to get this accomplished and any concerns in doing this.

thanks

Mike Brown Baycare Heath Systems

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mike Shoemaker
      Participant

Hey Mike,  I have been trying to accomplish this for many years now.  We run a pretty convoluted setup with the GRV3 as well as RTIFs moving through Cloverleaf out to a Seimens Openlink box.  In order to move over to TCP/IP and do away with all the SNA junk on my Cloverleaf box, Seimens is “allowing” us to purchase an additional Openlink box to handle the SNA but then provide outbound TCP/IP connections. Very costly solution but we need to do it. We were going to go with a “hosted openlink” setup but that was even more pricey. The idea there was to put the SNA connection support back on Seimens because we dont have the ability to support them here.  Let me know if you want more specifics and/or find an alternative way to do it.

Thanks,

Mike

James Cobane
      Participant

Mike,

I don’t think this can be accomplished directly with INVISION; I don’t believe there is any plan for INVISION to convert the COMMSUB functionality to TCP/IP from SNA.

mike brown
      Participant

Hi James and Mike

I agree with both answers you provided, I could not find a way to smoothly transition INVISION from COMSUB to TCP/IP and the cost to do it was pretty pricey, i will keep looking and checking with Siemans for a upgrade of some sort they may have, i know it might cost.

Thanks for the input

Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags