Intersite routing and memory consumption

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Intersite routing and memory consumption

• Creator
    Topic
    TorfinnK
    Participant

Running Cloverleaf 6.1.2 on Windows 2012 R2

Customer side: 8 sites, 55 processes, 240 threads.

I have a problem that some of the processes in the customers Cloverleaf uses a lot of memory.

I drilled it down to that it

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

On your connections connecting the 2 sites, are you awaiting replies on the outbound from the first site?

If so are you exchanging acknowledgments?

Have you shut down the process on the second site receiving and checked the log to see if the engine reports any leaked handles?

Do you have recovery DB active in the receiving system? If so, could it be the Recovery DB allocation is growing to accommodate message flooding?

Just some thoughts which came to mind.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

TorfinnK
      Participant

Thanks Jim for your comments, they made me try out a few things.

First

* There

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Torfin,

OK so you are using the built-in intersite function.

I think if you turn the engine noise level way up you should see the engine acknowledgment handling under the covers.

Since you have working and non-working versions, I would check to see how the engine noise differs between the two,

There is a pattern to the delta change on every consumption display which would lead me check to see how close the delta is to the cumulative message size. If it is close that could be another indication something is not being released with each message.

I think bringing this to Infor’s attention is a good idea. Let us know what you find out.

I have only used this functionality a little but I don’t recall a lot of configuration options.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

TorfinnK
      Participant

I’ve done some more testing on 6.0.1, and conclude that this version does not have this memory issue.

In 6.1.x the check-box

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Thanks Torfin. Let us know what Infor says.

TorfinnK
      Participant

R&D has confirmed the memory leak. AR 15792 has been created to track this leak.

Steve Pringle
      Participant

Do we know if this issue applies only to Windows, or does this affect AIX/RH?

thanks,

Steve

Bob Schmid
      Participant

ty

only windows server ?

in >= 6.2 ?

resolved?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags