inter-site routing / destination protocol

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf inter-site routing / destination protocol

• Creator
    Topic
    Stewart
    Participant

I’m creating a thread in a new site and routing ADT messages to it with a destination thread using inter-site routing.  What protocol should the thread in the new site be?  If it is TCP/IP can the protocol port be the same as the inter-site routing port?  Is this the correct process for routing messages between sites?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tim Pancost
      Participant

If you’re using the public thread as an inbound thread in the new site, you don’t need to do anything with the protocol, you can just have it as file if you want.  You just need to have something in the inter-site routing port, and check the “Treat messages routed to this thread as inbound” box(or whatever it exactly says).

HTH,

TIM

Tim Pancost
      Trinity Health

Stewart
      Participant

I’ve set the inter-site routing on this thread with a protocol:file and have checked treat this thread as inbound.  I’ve also checked save inbound messages but there’s nothing in the smat db.  Messages are coming in and things seem to be working correctly with the exception of saving inbound messages.

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

The messages are not being saved in SMAT on the destination thread because they didn’t arrive from a protocol.  Intersite routing isn’t really considered a protocol because it’s for internal communication.  Protocols are for communication with external systems.

You do however have a couple options to get the data into SMAT:

• save the messages in SMAT on the original inbound protocol thread
      • On the destination thread, use SMAT API in inbound TPS UPoC to save the messages (search Tcl SMAT API in the documentation for details)

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Or if thread count is not an issue you could use TCP/IP threads outbound from the source site and inbound on the destination site (connecting the 2 sites together). That will allow you to collect SMAT for both threads.

However, one thing you lose is the site id portion of the Msg ID if that is important to you. I am not sure if you could retain that with the SMAT API. There may be other differences which affect your decision to go this way as well.

I have used the TCP/IP to TCP/IP methodology almost exclusively as inter-site did not exist for a long time. It was not an issue when set up properly.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Stewart
      Participant

Rob,

Is there anyway to send to specific thread at the destination with intersite routing?  What are the benefits of using intersite routing vs creating a thread that has the cloverleaf server as the host?  I’ve also considered creating another thread that is PDL:TCP/IP that is between the intersite destination and all the OB threads.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags