Information Request: SSL Encrypt Internal tcp/ip traffic

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Information Request: SSL Encrypt Internal tcp/ip traffic

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan Curtin
    Participant

I have been charged to find a way to encrypt all internal tcp/ip traffic (internally managed apps) coming into and going out of Cloverleaf (mutual authentication/bidirectional). As I am still new to the Cloverleaf Interface engine I was hoping to get some additional information on how I would go about doing this? I am just building a proof of concept assuming source and destination systems can send and receive data in a form that cloverleaf can receive and send out respectively. Has anyone had much luck with similar implementations that could offer some insight?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Lindsey
      Participant

So this could be done via SSL which is built into CL.  I have not done this in my past as of yet but I know that it is coming.

In the older versions of cloverleaf I have implemented a message encryption at the data message level.  Of course that takes coding on both sides to get that done.  So yes it is possible to do it a number of different ways.

Rob

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

SSL is not included with Cloverleaf. One needs either the SSL Addon (I don’t recall its official name) or CAA-WS addon which includes SSL support.

Both are extra cost.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Ryan Curtin
      Participant

So I know that I have purchased the entire suite of products that Infor offered with Cloverleaf that includes SSL I am having an issue setting up the certificate and private key inside the configuration tool.

Ryan Curtin
      Participant

I just need a bit of guidance on where I need to setup the public cert and private key so that Cloverleaf can use them in the UI (config)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags