Info in the output files

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Info in the output files

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Campbell
    Participant

Testing Cloverleaf 6.0 on AIX

I am testing 6.0 vs 5.7 patch 2 on our test box.  I have the  ‘save outbound messasges’ box checked.  When I look at the saved messages, there is a line of text just before the MSH segment:

DFT_To_CernerT0216_From_PyxisDFT_To_CernerT0216_From_PyxisMSH

Any idea how to suppress that text?  The messages are formatted as expected but the leading test seems a bit odd to me.

Thanks.

Mike C.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Barr
      Participant

Don’t look at the raw .msg files if you don’t want to see it. The current version stores metadata along with the message.

There’s a utility called hcismatconvert to convert a file back to the old format, or you can use hcismat to convert the files to length encoded.

Mike Campbell
      Participant

Thanks.  I remember seeing about the metadata but never connected the two!

Jim Beall
      Participant

One of the ways we’ve tested upgrades in the past is to send production inbound SMAT files through the test/upgrade inbound thread, and then doing a diff against the outbound SMAT files.  We’re planning on doing a 5.6 to 6.0 upgrade this summer.  Will that methodology still work if we use these utilities?

In my sig is a link to msg parsing scripts (msgExtract). One of the scripts quickly converts smat file to newline files. It’s a nice way to do parsing and diffs. The scripts also removes the metadata.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags