Inbound messages not saved in SMATDB

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Inbound messages not saved in SMATDB

• Creator
    Topic
    Jay Lontoc
    Participant

I have a Java/ws-server protocol set up. I can see that the inbound messages are coming through the windows server via WireShark but the inbound data is not getting saved in SMATDB. I don’t see any errors in the logs.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Stupid question but do you have SMAT turned on for this thread?

Does the NetMonitor show any IB messages?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jay Lontoc
      Participant

All our inbound messages are saved on SMATDB and yes, the “Save inbound messages” is selected. It is working for our other protocols such as TCP/IP, file, etc. This is the first time we setup a WS-server.

The network monitor doesn’t show any activity as far as “Last Wt” or “Last Rd”.

The SMATDB is not encrypted.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

OK – well I had to ask.

If the NetMonitor does not show any messages coming in does the log with the detail turned all the way up show any messages arriving?

If not, it sounds like the messages are not getting from the WS adapter to the Cloverleaf thread. I don’t know the WS Adapter well enough to suggest where to look there but I assume there are logs there as well somewhere.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Don Martin
      Participant

Do you have the Message Logging Enabled check box selected in the java/ws-server properties?  This gives a nice clean way to read inbound and outbound http messages in the process log file.  Also, at least on the version we run, java/ws-server only receives xml in the message body.  Message bodies not wrapped in xml tags will error out.

Vince Angulo
      Participant

I don’t know if it matters for web services connections, but I think if you have Outbound Only checked on the Inbound tab, it may affect SMAT logging of responses.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags