I’m going to set up the FTP treads with an email alert

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf I’m going to set up the FTP treads with an email alert

• Creator
    Topic
    Hyo-Chan Lee
    Participant

Data will be transferred from FTP server to the other server every 5 min. .

I use the VB script with CDO.dll to send email to notify the user with an attached file using windows task scheduler.   Are there any one have TCL to do this? If so can you share Info. with me?  I’ve never written TCL yet but I took TCL class; therefore, I try to write now but it’s difficult start for the first time.

Anyone can also help me “How can I call some dos command from TCL”?

Thanks,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Terry Kellum
      Participant

Try the exec command.  That command executes and external command.  You can pass parameters, and that’s the way that I’d try to get the data out to the VBScript.

Anonymous
      Participant

Sounds like you’re on a windows platform.  Here’s what you can do to make an executable TCL procedure and call dos commands.

First, make the extension of the file that contains all your TCL commands “htc”.  If you look at your list of file types (in windows explorer, tools pull down, options…, file types tab) you’ll see that HTC is pointed to ‘hcitcl’.

I suggest that you make a simple file like ‘echo hello world’ and run a file with just that command from a shell.  It runs just like a batch file would, you just type the name of the file.

Anyone who knows better can jump in here but I think that you can’t run a dos command if it comes from command.com.  If it’s a script in the path you can run it using exec.  Or better yet if you’re going to do file manipulation you should use the file command in TCL.

So, you could write:

exec hcienginerun -p my_process

But not:

exec dir

If you really have to run command.com dos commands then put them in a batch file and exec the batch file.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags