If Statement is not evaluating condition

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf If Statement is not evaluating condition

• Creator
    Topic
    Rigo Vernon
    Participant

I have a very simple if statement that evaluates a number in a variable.

If @variable ge =10

assign “NPI” to OBR-16.13

Else

assign “PROVID” to OBR-16.13

The content of my variable is currently “5”, so it should drop to the else portion and assign “PROVID” to OBR-16.13, however this is not happening. when I run the xlate, OBR-16.13 has “NPI”. I have an echo statement in the code which confirms to me that the value in the variable is 5. If I change the value to 10 0r more, I still get NPI, which in this case I should be getting, but I know the if statement is not evaluating. I have tried deleting the code and typing it all over again, I have closed and opened the xlate, I have close the entire site,  I have shut down cloverleaf and re-open, and nothing! Can someone who is more knowledgeable than me help me by telling me why this is happening?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

What release of Cloverleaf?

Place echoes in each of the leg so you know which leg is actually executing.

Make sure there are no Xlate Actions subsequent to this Action which may be resetting the OBR-16 field (including PATHCOPY Actions).

I have been bit a few time by having subsequent code undo my change.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Paul Bishop
      Participant

I might not be thinking it through completely, but shouldn’t you use the numeric operator and not the string operator (>= vs ge)?  I did a quick test and that’s what made it work for me.  I’m running 6.1.1.

Paul Bishop
      Carle Foundation Hospital
      Urbana, IL

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags