Identifying Cloverleaf in SFT segment

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Identifying Cloverleaf in SFT segment

• Creator
    Topic
    Rick Haddorff
    Participant

How should I populate a SFT segment in a 2.5.1 HL7 message to indicate Cloverleaf 5.7 as the software involved in the manipulation of the message?   Trying to develop Meaningful Use variant based on the HL7 Implementation Guide for reporting to Public Health agencies.  Thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Rick,

The standard says the SFT is for the Sending System. Typically Cloverleaf is not the Sending System.

However, the Receiving System should give guidance as to how they want the SFT used.

If they want to know all of the software touching the message then they could make use of repeating segments (none of the SFT fields normally repeat). Such that the Sending System is first repetition followed by the Cloverleaf information in the second repetition.

Here is the info from the 2.5 doc:

HL7 Attribute Table

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Rick Haddorff
      Participant

Thaks Jim –

I am trying to follow this HL7 Implementation Guide:

HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 1 (US Realm)

My reading is that it wants any interface engine that manipulates the HL7 to add an SFT segment.  So – my question is about how Cloverleaf should be identified in this segment.

I can certainly add in the version we are using and the product name, but was wondering if there was something “official” (perhaps an OID?) for this field:

1 567 XON R 01834 Software Vendor Organization

or this one:

4 20 ST R 01837 Software Binary ID

Russ Ross
      Participant

There are various globals and environment variables.

Looking thru some of them I noticed one that might suit your purpose.

If using TCL try this

Code:

echo $env(HCIVERSION)

and if in the K-shell try this

Code:

echo $HCIVERSION

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Chris Williams
      Participant

The pieces needed for the SFT are

SFT-1 Software Vendor Organization

SFT-2 Software Certified Version or Release Number

SFT-3 Software Product Name

SFT-4 Software Binary ID

SFT-5 Software Product Information

SFT-6 Software Install Date

Here’s an example of what our Epic system sends to the engine through the reportable labs interface:

SFT|Epic|Epic 2010 |Bridges|7.8.1.0||20110504163222-0500

The question for Rob A and Charlie is which of these “official” values can we pull from Cloverleaf for its SFT, so we don’t have to hard-code everything and then change it each time we upgrade.

Cheers

Chris Williams
      Participant

In the Implementation Guide and ELR Constrained Profile V1.01 for the state of Iowa and used by surrounding states, the SFT segment is repeating. Each hop in the message’s journey adds a segment.

The rule of thumb is that any step along the way that has the ability to modify the message in any way must add an SFT. Since these messages ultimately end up at the CDC, and it is the CDC that provides the certification, I would guess that all the Implementation Guides should be identical.

It’s another gotcha in the spec like the additional encoding character.

Chris Williams
      Participant

I answered my own queston, at least for 5.6. Other versions may vary. Most of this data is held in the text file $HCIROOT/productinfo/vers/db. It’s fairly easy to read in the entire file and then use regexp calls to grab the individual elements.

Rick Haddorff
      Participant

Thanks all for the suggestions –

I still am at a loss as far as the Software Binary ID

Chris Williams
      Participant

The definition from HHS is what Jim quoted above. It is a value that would come from Cloverleaf/Infor, but my question is where do we find it in our individual installations.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags