IDE extremely slow over wi-fi

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf IDE extremely slow over wi-fi

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Timothy O’Donnell
    Participant

New to Cloverleaf so sorry if this has been asked before (I did a search but didn’t see anything super relevant) but we’re on 6.1.2 and SMAT Databases load very, very slow on every site – maybe 30-60 seconds just to see the results and the same delay switching result pages. On Ethernet, no problem – results almost instant. I’d assume it’s just a wi-fi issue but another user on the same wireless network with a similar PC, also using 6.1.2 IDE has his SMAT Databases load immediately or close to it. Same with Global Monitor. Any suggestions? Settings in IDE/Global Monitor? Settings on the PC? Any help would be appreciated because it’s driving me nuts having to wait when my colleagues can do the same work faster.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Vince Angulo
      Participant

On the Advanced tab in Client Preferences, try setting the JVM to -Xmx1024m, I think that’s the right syntax.  That worked for us when our workstations were on Win7, although we haven’t had to do it with our Win10 boxes, but we weren’t on wi-fi, so might be something else.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Vince Angulo.
        Timothy O’Donnell
        Participant

I tried that and now I can’t get into IDE! It says “Error, can’t create Java VM”

Anyway I can revert that change or change it somewhere outside of the GUI?

Timothy O’Donnell
        Participant

Figured out where to change it in the client.ini so I got back in and tried with the proper syntax and it didn’t improve the SMAT. I’m noticing that resending messages from SMAT is also delayed. Wondering what else can be done?

Timothy O’Donnell
      Participant

I’m still running into issues over Wi-Fi on Windows 10 and I’m wondering if anybody can recommend any troubleshooting steps to see why SMAT loads so slowly over Wi-Fi in both IDE and Global Monitor. Any ideas?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags