HRL repetition in Cloverleaf 6.1, why is this changed

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf HRL repetition in Cloverleaf 6.1, why is this changed

• Creator
    Topic
    TorfinnK
    Participant

Hello Clovertechers

I just started migrating from 5.7 via 6.0.1 to 6.1 and it looks like the repetition in hrl has changed.

It seems that I have the following situation:

Top Hrl:

SEG0.frl

SG02.hrl (Repeat)

SEG1.frl

The SEG02.hrl:

SEG2.frl (No repeat)

SEG3.frl (Repeat)

In 5.7 / 6.0.1, if the SEG2 and / or SEG3 is empty, everything goes fine.

In testing tools it states the segments as empty. And places the SEG1

in the right position.

In 6.1, it doesn

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Leon Tieleman
      Participant

Maybe your issue has something to do with the migration issue explained on page 68 of the release notes:

Issue: hcihrlconvert

Description: hcihrlconvert is used to add the {ACTIVENULLWHENNOCONTENT 1} key into any VRL/FRL segment in an HRL file.

Usage

hcihrlconvert [hrl …]

Where: hrl is the HRL file to convert. Specifying no argument converts all HRL files under the site.

The ACTIVENULLWHENNOCONTENT key is used to change the parsing and encoding behavior on a empty VRL/FRL segment in an HRL file.

In versions earlier than 6.1, the behavior was to set the empty VRL/FRL segment as ActiveNull.

In versions 6.1 and later, the default behavior is to fill padding characters for empty VRL/FRL segments.

For example, if you have an xlate file which uses Repeat While on an empty VRL/FRL segment in a HRL, set ACTIVENULLWHENNOCONTENT to 1 for the VRL/FRL segment in the HRL. This is set through the GUI (by selecting Active Null) or by using hcihrlconvert on the command line.

If you have no requirement to use HRL in this way, then do not select Active Null on the GUI. This makes the engine use the new behavior.

TorfinnK
      Participant

Hi, just an update, it has nothing to do with the new Active Null as far as I can tell. I had one of my Infor Implementor friends to have look and he sendt it to R&D

Anyway, thanks for the response

/Torfinn

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags