HRL question

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim Gobbel
    Participant

I have a three line per record file.  I placed each line in a VRL and then placed the three VRLs in an HRL in the order of the line.  The tester processes the info in the first line/VRL but won’t go on to the next ones.  Any idea what I’m doing wrong??  Thanx!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tim,

Make sure the proper separators are set in the Global properties for the VRL.

If the source system does not terminate each message with something (like a hex 0D) then they will need to.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Tim,

In addition to what Jim said, did you code a “Repeat While” condition in the HRL? This is necessary for the iteration to occur.

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

Thanx! I have the fields separated by a comma and a hex dump seems to show a 0D0A at the end of the lines and no message terminator. i tried r, n, rn, x0Dx0A, 0D0A, x0D and x0A with out success.

Everytime i put any repeat option on the HRL, the data disapears in my test tool.  Thanx!

Christy Stepp
      Participant

Did anyone offer you a solution for this issue?  I am having the exact same problem with my HRL.

I am trying to convert a comma delimited file that looks like this:

EP0184829834,10923684,03/28/1945,”lname, fname”,6.60,412,chole with CDE

to an HL7 ORU, with the last 3 fields as the repeating OBX.5 result.

I have the first 4 fields in a VRL called “fields”.

I have the next 3 fields in a VRL called “obx”.

The HRL has the “fields” without repeating, and it works fine.

The HRL then has “obx” repeat 3 times.  NO DATA will show in the testing tool for the repeating fields.

I have added the segment terminator in the Global options, which got rid of an error, but no luck on getting the data to show up in the testing tool.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

What release of Cloverleaf?

Is your example a single record from the file?

Will the next and all following records also have all 7 fields?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Christy Stepp
      Participant

Cloverleaf 6.1.1

My example is a single record in the file.  Every record in the file will have all 7 fields valued.  The file is terminated with r and I have added this to both VRL formats.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If this layout always has those three fields I fail to see the need for a repeating anything.

If each of those fields needs to go into a separate OBX segment or field use absolute notation rather than %xnn.

So instead of …OBX(%s1)… on the outbound, 3 COPY’s with …OBX(0)… …OBX(1)… and …OBX(2)…

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Christy,

Seems to me like you only need one VRL-definition for all the fields in one line/record. You will probably need to read the file with style ‘nl’, so each line is treated as one record.

Test your VRL-definition against a test-file to make sure the definition works. Then use the definition to make your translation.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags