how to create test message for testing tool

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf how to create test message for testing tool

• Creator
    Topic
    Albert Sinha
    Participant

How to create test message for testing tool.  Help appreciated.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Albert Sinha
      Participant

can I do a smatconvert to an NL file and then use it as a input DATA for testing tool ?

Really appreciate any help.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If you have messages in SMAT which represent the messages you want to test with then yes just extract using the SMAT tool to either a new line terminated or length encoded file.

If there are many messages I want to test with I put each message in a file – I find that easier to work with.

If there are no existing messages maybe because this is a new source system and there are no messages to be had, you can actually use the Xlate and the Xlate Testing tool to craft a test message according to the Source System’s spec. Save the message in the Testing tool to a file then use that file to test the new Xlate.

This is a technique I cover in my Xlate class.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Albert Sinha
      Participant

C:cloverleafcis6.0integratortestalexecprocessesfr_paragon>hcismat -i C:c

loverleafcis6.0integratortestalexecprocessesfr_paragonfr_paragon_15100.ms

g -orsf c:cloverleafparagon_15100.txt -nl

hcismat: Invalid argument bad variable name “::SMAT::argArray(TARGET)”: upvar wo

n’t create a scalar variable that looks like an array element

usage: hcismat -i filename ?-pri priority? ?-nl? ?-reply? ?-ib? <mes

sage selection criteria>

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Why not use the SMAT GUI tool to find, select, and extract the messages?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Albert Sinha
      Participant

Thank you Jim,  I was also wondering how to do it in NL as by default it is len10.  Thanks again

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Well I think there is a script provided with cloverleaf which will convert len10 encoded records to nl.

I don’t recall the name but I think it is len10tonl or something like that maybe someone else can give the correct name if that is not correct.

After doing the GUI SMAT extract, use that script from the command line to convert to NL.

However, the Xlate testing tool can use len10 files inbound.

Steve Williams
      Participant

The script is len10_to_nl.pl and lives in the contrib directory.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags