How to convert cloverleaf table to .csv?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How to convert cloverleaf table to .csv?

• Creator
    Topic
    Sathya Shanmugam
    Participant

I am new to cloverleaf, getting used to it, wondering how to convert cloverleaf table to .csv file.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Hi Sathya,

There is no built-in export utility to dump a Clovearleaf table to a .csv file, but several folks on this forum have developed there own scripts to do so.  Attached is one that we created here at Henry Ford.  Simply place it in the $HCIROOT/usercmds directory (removing the .txt extension) and make it executable (if running a flavor of UNIX). Simply ‘setsite’ to the appropriate site and run the command.

Usage is:

hfhs_TableExport yourtablenamehere.tbl

It will create a .csv file(named the same as the table) in whatever directory you are currently in.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

bill whatley
      Participant

I’ve used that script for a number of years, and it’s companion that goes the other way, works a charm – thanks Jim 😀

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Do bear in mind that the scripts, including some I have written, work only with the older style tables.  The tables gave become much more sophisticated  with the newer versions.

Correct me if I am wrong Jim.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I don’t know about Jim’s script but one I wrote that builds Tables from separated files creates usable tables up through 6.1 even though it does not specifically build some of the newer keyed list elements.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Thanks Jim but we were discussing creating CSV file from tables not to tables

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags