How is a License Key Attached

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How is a License Key Attached

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim Malaney
    Participant

We are changing server IP’s running Red Hat Linux. Will we need  a new license key?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paul Bishop
      Participant

Yes.  If you change machines or upgrade you need to get a new license key.  Just contact support and they will generate/send it to you (or is it a link – can’t remember off the top of my head).  We have done this a few times and they are very quick about getting it to you and even allow you to run multiple keys for a short time during your conversion.

Paul Bishop
      Carle Foundation Hospital
      Urbana, IL

Steve Pringle
      Participant

If you’re using clustering you can combine both licenses (for active and standby servers) into one and put that file in $HCIROOT/vers/license.dat.  Then there’s no need to switch files when you fail over.

Tim Malaney
      Participant

Thanks – we are not changing servers – just IP’s. We are merging networks and need to standardize.

Jennifer Higbie
      Participant

We just did the same thing on our AIX box to merge with another network.  A new License Key was NOT required.

Tim Jipson
      Participant

From what I’ve seen in the past, you only need a new license file if the server MAC address is changing.

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

I always thought the license key was tied to the CPU ID, and not the IP or MAC address.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

We have an active-passive configuration and only need one license, which switches with the package between nodes. We wanted an active-active configuration, but that meant having 2 full licences. So depends of your setup.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags