How does ‘Save outbound messages’ work

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How does ‘Save outbound messages’ work

• Creator
    Topic
    Yuhong Snyder
    Participant

I have a outbound thread and the’Save outbound message’ is checked, my assumption is only if the message is sent out successfully then the transaction would be written into this file, if the message doesn’t get ACK back, then it should not be written to this file.

however, today we had connection issue, so the engine tried to send the message 5 times, only the last one was successful. but when I open the outbound message file, I see the same message 5 times in this file.

what do I need to do to make sure the engine only writes the message to outbound message file when it gets ACK back?

the ‘Await Replies’ is already checked.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yuhong,

What you are observing is exactly how SMAT should work.

That is, when the message is sent it is recorded in the Outbound SMAT (If Save Outbound Messages is turned on) whether it is acknowledged or not.

That way you can audit how often the receiving system is not responding within your timeout and how often you have to resend until the system does respond.

If you add in the inbound SMAT which records the acknowledgments you can use the two SMAT files to assist in identifying unacceptable acknowledgment delay periods and potentially resolving them (or maybe extending the wait times).

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Yuhong Snyder
      Participant

That makes sense, thank you Jim.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags