How does engine parse routes?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How does engine parse routes?

• Creator
    Topic
    Dennis Pfeifer
    Participant

Curious question.

With the use of wild cards, it is possible to generate duplicate route paths for the same message (i.e. probably an error .. but none the less..)

How does the engine choose which path, or does it send the message using both routes.

I think I’ve determined that if a ‘non-wild card’ route exists, it will use it and not send to an over lapping wild card route.

e.g.

if I have a route ADT_A33, and a route ADT_(?!18), the engine will use the ADT_A33 route for A33 messages and not use the ADT_(?!18) route.

It will always uses the static route…

Just curious…

Thanks

Dennis

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Participant

With wild card routes you still can’t have two route definitions that are the same.  So, “ADT_.*” can only appear once.

However, a message will follow all routes that match.  If the message type that is expected is ADMT and there were 3 routes, “AD.*”, “ADM.*” and “_HCI_STATIC_ROUTE_” then three messages would be routed because the transaction type matches all three routes.

Dennis Pfeifer
      Participant

Thanks greg ..

btw .. my A(?!18) .. got turned into a smiley face..

I’ll recheck my reg. exp .. because when I had an ADT_A33 and a wild route ADT_(?18) and an _HCI_STATIC_ROUTE_, only the ADT_A33 and _HCI_STATIC_ROUTE_ received messages.

(for an ADT^A33 message…)

Dennis

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags