How do you connect to windows remotely?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How do you connect to windows remotely?

• Creator
    Topic
    Donna Bailey
    Participant

Is anyone using anything other than pc anywhere to connect to a windows host server?  What are my options?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Donna Bailey
    Tele: 315-729-3805
    dbailey@microstar.health
    Micro Star Inc.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Chris Brossette
      Participant

We use VNC to connect to most of our Windows servers.  It can be setup to use AD for login and password.  If you VPN into your network, then you can load this on your home PC.  No problems with performance.

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

There is SMS (MS System Management tool), remote desktop or rdp, if you can access the same network that the host is on.

Donna Bailey
      Participant

Thank You for your responses…..I have not yet loaded the Cloverleaf software on the server and I am having a problem using RDP and telnet….so I was trying to see what other people were using.

I thought RDP had issues when trying to run the engine?

Donna Bailey
      dbailey@microstar.health
      Micro Star Inc.

Donna Bailey
      Participant

We got RDP to work!!  What kind of issues can I expect?  Will it be slow?  Will I be able to stop/start the engine processes/threads and will they continue to run after I close out?

Donna Bailey
      dbailey@microstar.health
      Micro Star Inc.

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Donna,

Our main Cloverleaf engine runs on HP-UX, but we also have a Windows installation for some specific interfaces. We also use RDP to logon to the Windows server to manage and maintain this Cloverleaf (5.6) server and I have yet to encounter any problems. You can stop/start processes as you like. And they will continue to run after you stop the IDE and log off, because Cloverleaf runs as a service.

We only have problems when this (VMWare) Windows server suddenly and unexpectedly crashes. We need to manually restart the server and cleanup Cloverleaf then in order to be able to start the processes/daemons again. But that’s it.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

I really like and prefer RDP. It’s super!

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Donna Bailey
      Participant

The install worked great, but I came across another question…I am on RDP with a user of cltech (who is in the Administrator group).  I am able to start/stop, make changes etc. and haven’t seen any issues.  Except when I had a tclproc that didn’t have the right permissions.  I copied into the tclscript editor and that fixed my issue.  

But…..it got me thinking about how on unix the engine needed to be started with the hciuser….am I going to have other issues going forward because I’ve done all this under the cltech user?

Thanks again for your help!

Donna Bailey
      dbailey@microstar.health
      Micro Star Inc.

garry r fisher
      Participant

Hi Donna,

I used RDP for over 8 years to connect to remote Cloverleaf sites in hospitals all over the UK without any problems.

As to your last question – Have you changed the service user from hciuser? If not then the service will run as that that user no matter who starts it up.

Hope this helps.

Garry

Donna Bailey
      Participant

Just wanted to ask if any windows server CL users would be willing to help me understand some weird things going on with my client.  If you could send me an email at dledgerwood@micro-star-inc.com.  I would appreciate your help.

Thank You!

Donna Bailey
      dbailey@microstar.health
      Micro Star Inc.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags