How do I create multiple OBX’s from a list of names?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How do I create multiple OBX’s from a list of names?

• Creator
    Topic
    Carl Duff
    Participant

I have a vendor that is sending results in normal HL7 format to the engine.

One of the OBX5 segments contains a link to images in his system in the format: \pentaxserver2endoproactim090ABC123001.003a*.jpg.

Note that the file name is “a*.jpg”. I have a proc that I pass the link to and I can retrieve all the appropriate file names such as aimage1.jpg, aimage2.jpg, etc. and place the file names into a list.

So now I have a list of all the file names I need and need to create a separate OBX for each file name:

OBX|1|RP|COL^^EndoPro||file:\pentaxserver2endoproactim090ABC123001.003AIMAGE001.JPG

OBX|2|RP|COL^^EndoPro||file:\pentaxserver2endoproactim090ABC123001.003AIMAGE002.JPG

How can I accomplish this? All I have is a list of the file names….I have nothing to loop on.

Hope this makes sense and I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

-Carl

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

You can create use the list of file names you have as the basis for an iteration in an Xlate.  

Check out this link and find Robert Kersemakers’ reply.  It is pretty slick stuff and I have used it with success.

<a href="http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=2213&#8243; class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=2213

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Carl Duff
      Participant

Robert, Thanks to you and Mr. Kosloskey for a great solution. Works like a charm!!

David Barr
      Participant

Also keep in mind that “” is normally the HL7 escape character, so that could end up causing problems if you don’t use HL7 escape sequences when sending it.  Of course if your receiving systems can’t handle escape sequences (which is a painfully common problem) you may not have to worry about it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags