How can I define lengths for each subcomponent?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf General How can I define lengths for each subcomponent?

• Creator
    Topic
    Diana Schmidt
    Participant

I am doing an iterate of the PR1 to copy into DG1 because the downstream vendor doesn’t accept PR1. My problem is that the descriptions for many of the CPT4 codes exceeds the 255 character limit and my DG1 3.3 is not being received with the message. I have extended every length that I know of in my formats. I was wondering if each subcomponent can have a defined length?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Diana,

You can set the field length in the Variant definition but not the individual component or sub-component lengths.

So increase the field length for the field in question to an appropriate size.

You can make the length unlimited. If you are on a Cloverleaf release prior to 6.0 then you may need to edit the fields file with an editor and set the length to -1 (then don’t touch it in the GUI), in Cloverleaf 6.0 that ability is back in the GUI.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags