Holding messages in engine

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Holding messages in engine

• Creator
    Topic
    Jared Parish
    Participant

I’ve been tasked with the task of creating an interface that goes something like this:  I need to hold messages in the engine so I can match other HL7 messages based on certain fields.  I’ve tried to do this using GDBM, putting messages handles in an array, and putting messages handles in to a list.  I can not seem to get a winning combination.  Has anyone else tried to combine messages in the engine?  The tcl proc I have attached is one that I have tried to get to work, and it does, but their are many problems.

Thanks,

Jared

- Jared Parish

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Dillard
      Participant

HI,

We do an order consolidation process on some of our inbound order messages which sounds similar to what you are after.

To do this we use two threads:

• One to collect messages from the client and store them in a gdbm database

• A second that pulls the messages from the database and consolidates them.  This is on a timed schedule to allow enough time for the client drop off all the orders in a batch.
    • If you can afford to wait and group messages for a given time frame this will work, however if anything comes in after the cut-off time it will be it’s own message.

I am not sure exactly what problems you are running into but I am attaching out code in case our code might help.

The attached DOC will give a better explanation of how the tcl code works.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forums

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags