holding a list of values within an Xlate variable

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf holding a list of values within an Xlate variable

• Creator
    Topic
    Barb Dozier
    Participant

I am trying to create multiple RXC segments for IV additives based on values sent in a field as subcomponents.  Our current HIS system sends IV additive information in a single field but as multiple subcomponents (add1^add2^add3^etc).  I tried copying the entire field into a variable @mylist.  When I echo the value of the field in a pre-tcl on the copy statement I see all the values as a list {add1} {add2} {add3}.  This is what I was expecting.  However when i echo the values of @mylist in a post-tcl, i only see the first elment.  Will “user” variables not store list information?  How would i get that multiple subcomponent information into a list that i can then use within an iterate?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Barb

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Barb,

Remember to treat xlateOutVals as a list in your tcl – i.e.

set xlateOutVals

Also, if you are only specifying one subcomponent field in your output, your only going to get the first field mapped to the output (i.e. only the add1).

Hope this helps.

Jim

Barb Dozier
      Participant

Yes that makes sense, since i only had one variable on my out side of the copy only the first item in the list was placed in that variable.  Since i will never know how many of the field componenets are populated I tried to make my variable look like a repeating field (add1~add2~add3~etc) and then define my iterate as a field with the iterate basis my variable.  When I run the xlate through the testing tool I received an error stating

“Unable to get iteration basis address ‘@mylist’.

Unable to compile XLT ‘file.xlt'”

My next attempt was to make my variable a string of numbers (1 2 3 4) and then define the iterate type as list with the basis my variable.  With this configuration it would only iterate once.

Any other possible configuration options?

Barb

Russ Ross
      Participant

@mylist is a temp variable and not a field.

That is why I think you are finding it difficult to iterate over your temp variable called @mylist using the Xlate tool.

You could call a TCL proc to break up @mylist.

Seemed to me we had a proc that does something like that and here is what I found.

Thanks to our handy clovertech GOD ( Jim Kosloskey ) who really responds to our prayers for writing it.

Be sure to set these temp variables before calling this proc in the Xlate

@xlt_splitflds_debug

@xlt_splitflds_sep

Code:

################################################################################
      # Name: xlt_splitflds
      # Purpose: Provide a capability to split a field into it’s sub fields based
      #           upon a user specified separator.
      #
      #           For example a name field is comprised of three sub-fields:
      #              Last Name
      #              First Name
      #              Middle Initial
      #               separated by a comma thus LastName,FirstName,MiddleInitial
      #           After the proc has executed, three subfields will have been extracted.
      #
      #
      # UPoC type:    XLTP
      # Args: @xlt_splitflds_debug
      #           @xlt_splitflds_sep
      #           Field to be checked
      # Author:       Jim Kosloskey
      # Date-written: 10/01/1999
      # Purpose:      This procedure splits a Source field into at least as many fields as specified
      #               in the Destination (xlateOutList) as separated by the separator specified i
      #               (xlt_splitflds_sep).
      #
      #**************************************************************************************************************
      #*                                            C O D E   A U D I T                                                               *
      #*_____________________________________________________________________________*
      #*Date       I-Catcher  Description                                                                                          *
      #*———- ———- ———————————————–*
      #*10/01/1999            Procedure conception
      #*
      #*______________________________________________________________________________*
      #*02/24/2004 jrk02242004  Changed use of translit Tcl command to convert DEBUG
      #*                        argument to uppercase. Now using string toupper Tcl
      #*                        command as translit is being phased out of Tcl.
      #*_____________________________________________________________________________*
      #**************************************************************************************************************
      #
      ################################################################################
      #
      # Copyright: Copyright(c) 1999, Oakwood Healthcare System. All rights reserved.

proc xlt_splitflds { } {
         upvar xlateId       xlateId
       xlateInList   xlateInList
       xlateInTypes  xlateInTypes
       xlateInVals   xlateInVals
       xlateOutList  xlateOutList
       xlateOutTypes xlateOutTypes
       xlateOutVals  xlateOutVals

# Global variables
         global HciConnName           ;#Get the connection name

# Local variables
          set fatal_err “N”
          set elem_count 0
          set field_count 1    
          set temp_outvals {}
          set module “$HciConnName XLT_SPLITFLDS v1.1:”
      #
      #******************************************************************************************************
      # Setup the field IDs necessary for this procedure
      #******************************************************************************************************
      #
         set splitflds_debug {@xlt_splitflds_debug}          ;# xlt_splitflds debug switch
         set splitflds_sep {@xlt_splitflds_sep}              ;# xlt_splitflds separator
      #
      # Setup the Indexes into the Inbound list for the above arguments
      #
         set debug_ndx {}                         ;# xlt_splitflds debug switch index
         set sep_ndx {}                           ;# xlt_splitflds separator index
      #
      # Setup the Storage Area for the above arguments
      #
         set debug {N}                             ;# debug switch
         set sep {}                                ;# sep
      #
      # Get the DEBUG argument
      #   Find the debug argument position if it exists in the inbound list
      #   If it does not exist, notify the invoker
      #   If it does exist, find the value of the switch
      #       Convert a lower case y to upper case
      #
         set debug_ndx [lsearch $xlateInList $splitflds_debug]
         if {$debug_ndx == -1} {                     ;# Did we find the argument?
              if {$debug == “Y”} {          ;#Debug on?
                  echo “$module $splitflds_debug not located, assuming no debug.”
              }
          }
      # jrk02242004 – old way using translit      
      #    set debug [translit y Y [lindex $xlateInVals $debug_ndx]]     ;#Change lower to upper  
      # jrk02242004 – new way using string toupper
          set debug [string toupper [lindex $xlateInVals $debug_ndx]]

#If debug – display received arguments
              echo “$module @xlt_splitflds_debug is >$debug<."     } # #****************************************************************************************************** # Get the SEP argument #   Find the sep argument position if it exists in the inbound list #   If it does not exist, notify the invoker #   If it does exist, find the value of the argument #****************************************************************************************************** #    set sep_ndx [lsearch $xlateInList $splitflds_sep]    if {$sep_ndx == -1} {                     ;# Did we find the argument?        if {$debug == "Y"} {          ;#Debug on?            echo "$module $splitflds_sep not located, proc terminated - NO ACTION TAKEN."        }        xpmerror $xlateId action "$module: Action terminated."     } # # Show the separator argument index     if {$debug == "Y"} {          ;#Debug on?         echo "$module @xlt_splitflds_sep index is >$sep_ndx<."     } # #****************************************************************************************** #* Locate the first element which is NOT an argument #******************************************************************************************    foreach listval $xlateInList {     ;# Step through the xlateInList #    If the list element is one of the arguments #     then bump the list counter      if {[cequal $listval $splitflds_sep] || [cequal $listval $splitflds_debug]} {          incr elem_count 1      } else {                       ;# Found a non-argument element          set elem_ndx $elem_count   ;# set the index for the element          set elem_found 1           ;# set a switch to let everyone else know          if {$debug == "Y"} {       ;# If debug - do da debug dance              echo "$module: First non argument Source element named >$listval< located as element # $elem_count."          }                                  break   ;# Found a non-argument element - stop scanning      }   ;#endelse    }   ;#end foreach       #****************************************************************************************** #* Check to see if we located anything besides our arguments #* If no non-argument elemnts located, #*    - log the event #*    - kill the action #* If an element is located then use that for the substitution #******************************************************************************************    if {!$elem_found} {     ;#No non-argument elements located - Bad News!!        echo "$module: The only elements found in the Source are xlt_splitflds arguments."        echo "$module: Fatal errors occurred while getting arguments (see above)!"        echo "$module:                       NO ACTIVITY PERFORMED!!"        xpmerror $xlateId action "$module: Action terminated."    } else {        set field [lindex $xlateInVals $elem_ndx]    }   ;#endelse #Get the number of Destination fields     set num_flds [llength $xlateOutList] #Get the separator     set sep [lindex $xlateInVals $sep_ndx] #Split the Source field into sub fields based on the separator     set fields_lst [split $field $sep] # # Show the various arguments     if {$debug == "Y"} {          ;#Debug on?         echo "$module @xlt_splitflds_sep value is >$sep<."         echo "$module number of subfields expected (Destination list) value is >$num_flds<."         echo "$module Fields separated are: >$fields_lst<."         echo "$module Source field $listval value is >$field<."    } # #We need to null out the existing xlateOutVals entries in case #   there are less subfields than number of xlateOutVals so the #   COPY action does not erroneously populate xlateOutVals #     if {$debug == "Y"} {          ;#Debug on?         echo "$module -------- Nulling sub fields ---------"         echo "$module   OutVals prior to Null >$xlateOutVals<"         echo "$module   Nulling list elements 0 thru [expr $num_flds - 1]."     }     set xlateOutVals [lreplace $xlateOutVals 0 end ""]     if {$debug == "Y"} {          ;#Debug on?         echo "$module   OutVals after nulling >$xlateOutVals<"         echo "$module ------ End nulling sub fields -------"         echo "$module ------ Start Copying sub fields -------"     }     set field_count 1 #Place the subfields into the Destination fields     foreach sub_field $fields_lst {         if {[expr $field_count > $num_flds]} {
                  break
              }
                  echo “$module Sub field $field_count >$sub_field< copied to [lindex $xlateOutList [expr $field_count - 1]]."         }         xpmstore $xlateId [lindex $xlateOutList [expr $field_count - 1]] c $sub_field         incr field_count 1     }     if {$debug == "Y"} {          ;#Debug on?         echo "$module ------ End Copying sub fields -------"     } }

Here are a couple of Xlate screen shots to show how I used it to break up a sinlge HL7 field using a dash “-” as the separator and map it to several other FRL fields, which should be similar enough for you to get an understanding of how to apply it to your situation.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags