HL7 version 2.6

• Creator
    Topic
    Wendy Holmstrom
    Participant

Has anyone been able/successful to create a 2.6 variant on Cloverleaf version 5.5 ?

We currently have Cloverleaf 5.5 and are using hl7 version 2.4 variant to and from Soarian and now they have upgraded their application which is sending us 2.6 hl7 versions. We would like to start building a 2.6 variant on our 5.5 Cloverleaf application.

We do have Cloverleaf 5.8 on a separate devl box at an infant stage.

Thanks,

Wendy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Wendy,

First I would make sure they are really using anything different in the ‘2.6’ that is being sent or received.

I know this can be difficult to validate especially with Siemens because their documentation is so frequently lacking. However, if that is the case, then you could temporarily just populate the version MSH field with 5.6. This is not the way I would go.

Second, I would check the differences between the 2.6 and 2.4 standard. Unless there are significant field level changes, most of the differences can be handled by copying a 2.4 variant and changing the structure to match any structural differences with 2.6.

If there are field level changes they may be just lemgth changes – you can handle that – or component differences (this can also be handled but is a little more involved).

This could get you by until you get to 5.8.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Judy Johnson
      Participant

Jim

as you know, even the groupings were changed on the 2.4 varient from

5.5 to 5.8.  Rework there also.

jj

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Judy,

I have not really worked with the 2.4 HL/7 variant on Cloverleaf 5.5 to any extent – I was not aware that 2.4 changed between Cloverleaf releases (I thus far have not noticed any strange structures in the 2.4 on Cloverleaf 5.6 with which I have worked)

However, the basic theorem still applies: take a copy of the 2.4 variants and adapt them to reflect what is necessary for 2.6.

This is time consuming (or can be). I needed to do something similar for X12 (much more complex for each Transaction Set – but I did not need to do many Transaction Sets thankfully).

Of course, you could always put your Soarian project on hold until you have migrated to Cloverleaf 5.8  ðŸ˜‰

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags