HL7 Variants, best practices migrating from test -> prod

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf HL7 Variants, best practices migrating from test -> prod

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason
    Participant

So we have a test and prod environment for our Cloverleaf site, the two are kept pretty much in sync. Obviously test will be out of sync sometimes because of development but here’s my question/concern. When I’m developing in the test environment I, a lot of times, have to update the HL7 variant to fit our destination system. Then, I need to move everything (threads, XLTs, tables, etc.) to live. What is the best way to move the variant over? Or am I thinking/going about this wrong?

thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Have you used the BOX functionality within Cloverleaf?  It is very easy to migrate items using this tool.

I would recommend that you confirm that there aren’t any other differences in the variants in your prod vs test (other than what you changed).

Jason
      Participant

hmm good question, is there an easy way to compare them?

James Cobane
      Participant

Depending on what OS you are on you can use the diff tool of your choice.  Since the variants are likely on different servers, you would probably need to migrate the prod variant over to the test server to compare.  You could create a pseudo site to deploy the prod variant to, then compare the variant folders/files using a diff tool for whatever OS you are on.

We are on AIX and I have tar’d up variants, pulled them down locally to my machine and extracted them to different folders (using 7zip as it can handle .tar files) and then compared the folders with a freebie diff tool (WinMerge).

Hope that helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags