HL7 to XML Xlate is sending field attributes in the message

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf HL7 to XML Xlate is sending field attributes in the message

• Creator
    Topic
    Mary Leuchtmann
    Participant

I have an HL7 to XML translate that works fine most of the time but then for some reason it starts sending the field names and attributes with the message.  For instance:  |

Has anyone seen this?  How do you return it to just sending |

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Nathan Martin
      Participant

I’d like to know if there is a good fix for this too.  For us, the engine started sending those hardcoded attributes when we upgraded from one version to another.

My solution was to remove all the attribute definitions from the DTD and any DTD include files.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mary and Nathan,

What release levels of Cloverleaf?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mary Leuchtmann
      Participant

We are on Verson 5.2 for this translation.

Mary

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mary,

It is my understanding the XML functionality is not really fully working correctly (although I don’t know exactly what that means) until 5.4.1.

Let’s see what release Nathan is on – perhaps the issue disappears with 5.4.1.

Although Nathan did state the issue began for him after an upgrade.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Nathan Martin
      Participant

We’ve had a functional HL7 to XML lab result xlate since 3.8.something.  Right now we’re on 5.3Rev2.  The upgrade from 3.8.1P to 5.3Rev1 is when all the DTD attributes started populating in the output messages.

I’m not sure if it should or shouldn’t send the #FIXED attribute defaults from the DTD.  Ideally, the other side would be using the same specification and we shouldn’t have to send defaults that they already know.  Then again, if the engine sends them, then at least we have the option of editing them out of the DTD.

Either way, if Mary is having problems with defaults populating intermittently, that seems like a bug.

Mary,

I looked back through my notes.  If you are using the same HL7 DTD I was, then this perl regular expression should remove the attribute definitions:

Code:

perl -ne “print if not /( edited.dtd

It may be an issue with all defaults, but it may also only be an issue with #FIXED defaults.  If so, you could either try removing the #FIXED keywords or replacing them with #IMPLIED.  Then see what happens after you recompile.  (In TEST, of course, with proper backups.)

Here is a link to the w3c spec if anybody is curious:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-attr-defaults” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-attr-defaults

Mary Leuchtmann
      Participant

I’ve been iced in without power since last Thursday and haven’t gotten back to this.  Thanks for the information.  I’ll either try the perl code or try to make something similar in tcl.

Mary

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags