HL7 fileset question

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf HL7 fileset question

• Creator
    Topic
    Doug Stelley
    Participant

I’m stuck.

Probably simple for you guys but….

I’m developing an HL7 fileset interface.

I have a directory with HL7 messages.

On the inbound thread;

On the inbound side I’m using PROTOCOL:fileset-local with the properties;

the inbound directory is correct, style is HL7. nothing else configured

Under Route messages I have ADT_A31 with a simple xlate.

On the outbound thread;

I am also using PROTOCOL:fileset-local with the outbound directory set. The file name is set and append data is checked.

I have tested the route and it seems OK

I have tested the file and it seems correct.

When I start the process and thread on the inbound leg, it shows as “UP”.

BUT

No messages are sent. The outbound file is not created.

no messages are tallied in the status report.

the inbound directory is cleared, all messages are “gone”.

any takers as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Doug,

Does the inbound status show any Failed messages or are there any messages in the Error DB?

The files are gone because that is what Fileset protocol does by default after it has processd the files. You can change that by providing a proc in the Fileset Options Tab; TPS container; Deletion: TPS stack. ( I have a proc that can be used to control deletion if you want it email me).

When I first do a fileset protocol I will frequently put a proc in the deletion to not delete anything and set my latency search times way up so the files won’t be picked up more than once while I am testing but I don’t lose the files. Another thing you can do is to copy the files off somewhere so you can copy them back.

So the files got processed but did not go where you wanted them to go.

I would turn up the engine noise; put one sall file back in the directory; then check the log to see what it tells ytou about what is happening with the mesages.

It could be something as simple as the style does not match the actual file structure or routing failed.

Hopefully you do not have any procs in place that can delete messages.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Doug Stelley
      Participant

There no procs in there to do anything and as I am just getting back in the saddle, I have forgotten much of what I knew.

I changed the protocol from fileset-local to file and selected a specific file and it worked as advertised. the message was processed and it was good.

So I’m thinking I must have something goofy with the setup of fileset-local.

How do I turn up logging?

Doug Stelley
      Participant

OK. Progress!

I was able to get the messages to be translated and routed.

On the inbound side I assumed that the file style was HL7 when in fact it was nl.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags