High Inbound Message Threshold alert?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf High Inbound Message Threshold alert?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jerry Sawa
    Participant

Is there a way to send an alert if the number of msgs received by a Cloverleaf thread exceeds a value in a specific amount of time?

We had a system malfunction recently.  It normally sends several hundred msgs to Cloverleaf per day.  The malfunction caused the system to send thousands of msgs in a very short period of time.

I can’t use the Outbound Queue Depth alert as the downstream system acknowledged the msgs as fast as they came into Cloverleaf.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jerry Sawa
      Participant

Looks like I may be able to use “transactions/sec”.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I use the prexlt queue depth and set a threshhold of 4000 msgs where I pause the reply with a HOLD.  I hold until I have processed down to 3000 msgs and then I release the hold of the Replies.  This in effect throttles those psky high volumes of messages allowing down stream processsing to occur.  Normal the prexlt queue is negligent in volume under normal operations.  You can use lower threshholds to suit your purposes.

We were dealing with 500K+ messages at a time when a script was inadvertantly run on the EMR.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Sawa
      Participant

So you look for a threshold of 4000 for how many minutes?

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Something to remember here when measuring number of messages over a period of time.  It will take the engine to get everything loaded and processing at a stable rate.  Any measurement taken should take that into consideration or you will get a skewed  result.  Get the engine stable then reset the counts and go from there.

Just a thought.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags