Help with a table

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Help with a table

• Creator
    Topic
    sandy sothman
    Participant

Hello all,

I am a newbie to Cloverleaf and am working on sending transcribed reports to an other vendor.  OBR21 gives me the short name of the report, I am running that through a table to give me the long name of the report.

My problem is, I have several departments who use the same or some variance of the same short name for their reports (as below).

PRO               ONCOLOGY PROCEDURE

PRO               PROCEDURE REPORT

PROC       COSMETIC SURGERY PROCEDURE

PROC       PROCEDURE NOTE

PROCEDURE ANESTHESIOLOGY PROCEDURE

PROCEDURE PROCEDURE

PROCNOTE DERMATOLOGY PROCEDURE NOTE

PROCNOTE PULMONARY PROCEDURE NOTE

For each of these short names, I want to replace with “Procedure Note”, however the table won’t let me enter the same values on the right hand side.  Is there a way to either use a wildcard on the left side, or make the table allow the same value in multiple fields?

Thank you!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Sandy,

With tables, input values must be unique (or if the table is bi-directional, both input and output values must be unique).  You’ll need to get a bit trickier and perhaps concatenate some other value (i.e. perhaps a dept code) along with the short-name if you wish to have unique values; i.e.

Input                       Output

ONCPRO                  Oncology Procedure Note

PRO                         Procedure Note

ANESPROCEDURE     Anesthesiology Procedure

PROCEDURE             Procedure

…and so on.

You can have duplicate output values as long as the table is not defined as bi-directional, so if you want to normalize a bunch of different ‘short names’ to a standard long description, that shouldn’t be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Elizabeth Wilson
      Participant

You may enter the same values on the ‘Out’ side of the table, not the ‘In’ side. Ifyou marked the table as Bi-directional then both sides have to be unique.

Why do you need a table if your intention is to:

For each of these short names, I want to replace with “Procedure Note”.

Wouldn’t it be easier to set up a variable ( @prnote) in xlate to ‘Procedure Note’ and copy it to the field?

Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

Or, you could put the values in a database that has the three columns you really need rather than forcing it into Cloverleafs two-column table with its unique constraints.

Or, given a relatively small list, you could do the same with a simple delimited file.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

sandy sothman
      Participant

Hi again!

It’s actually a long list – this was an example.

I’m 5.8 on Linux – the “Out” column is not letting me use the same “long name”.. so I’m wondering if I’m missing a prompt somewhere.

PROC   Procedure Note

PRO     Procedure Note   (Not Allowed)

Thanks for your help…Any ideas?

Sandy

Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

If you don’t have the bi-directional checkbox selected, you should be able to have duplicate entries on the “out” side.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

sandy sothman
      Participant

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you 😀 !

I had the bidirectional box checked.  Everything works now.

Sandy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags