HCPCS Codes in HL7 – Does it exist?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf HCPCS Codes in HL7 – Does it exist?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jaye Costello
    Participant

I have users requesting that I send them HCPCS modifiers.  I have checked messages, as well as several different HL7 version documents and don’t see it any of the standards.  Can someone direct me to where it is or they have any experience trying to get this data?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Billing codes.  Nothing to do with HL7 layout.  The codes may be data for an HL7 message

Google it

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jay,

beginning in the HL/7 Version 2.4 documentation HCPCS Codes are metioned in a number of chapters 4, 6, and 8 for 2.4 – more chapters 2.5 and 2.6.

In those Chapters it is described where the standard specifies these codes should go.

If the HL/7 Versin the user is using is 2.4 or above, you should rad the appropriate version HL/7 Documentation and then negotiate with the sending or receiving system.

If this is for HL/7 version before 2.4, I would still rad at least the 2.4 documentation to get an idea of where the codes might fit in previous versions.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags