$HCIROOTDIR/Tables

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf $HCIROOTDIR/Tables

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel Lee
    Participant

Cloverleaf 5.8 on Windows server

I know how to use the master site.  But, I’m also able to drop tcl procs in the $HCIROOTDIR/tclprocs and they will show up in all my sites.  Does anyone know if that’s supposed to work for Tables?  I drop tables in $HCIROOTDIR/Tables and they do not show up for use in my sites.  (i.e. I open an Xlate and add a Table action and none of my tables are there)  I can do it using the Master Site functionality but was just kind of wondering why it didn’t work of the root directory.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Daniel,

I don’t think that was ever possible.

What we used to do before the Master Site was available and before we set up our own Master Site was to put the Table (for example) in HCIROOT/Tables then symbolically link from the actual site Tables directory for the entry to the HCIROOT/Tables directory Table entry.

One problem with using the HCIROOT object directories (including tclprocs) is with implementing a new release you objects go away. So you need a method to back them up and replace and relink them.

Master Site is really the way to go in my opinion.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mark Thompson
      Participant

Cloverleaf provides a number of system tables in $HCIROOTDIR/Tables including a states.tbl (linking state abbreviations to state names).

The tables do not show up in the Site Manager GUI, or Xlate dropdown lists, but you can enter the table name directly into the Xlate Table box.

As Jim said, Master Site is the preferred method.

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Daniel Lee
      Participant

We just moved some of our tcl procs and varients into our master site that we recently created.  Our Xlates can see the tcl procs and the variants but when we try to to compile the Xlates they error complaining that the tables do not exist.

Is there something we have to cycle to get it to recognize the master site?

Alice Kazin
      Participant

Did you cycle the site that is using the table from the Master site?

Daniel Lee
      Participant

What do you mean by “cycle the site”.  We brought down all the processes within the site and brought them back up again.  We also stopped and started the Monitor D.  But when we compile our Xlates they still can’t see the Tables.  Inside the Xlate we can see the tables in the drop down lists.  It just can’t see them when we compile.

Code:

——- FAILED ——-

[0:TEST] Unable to load TBL ‘RaceCode_frAllscripts.tbl’
      [0:TEST] Cannot resolve table ‘RaceCode_frAllscripts.tbl’ side ”
      [0:TEST] Unable to compile statement ‘
      { OP TABLE }
         { ERR 0 }
         { IN 0(0).PID(0).#10(0) }
         { OUT 0(0).PID(0).#10(0) }
         { TBL RaceCode_frAllscripts.tbl }
         { SIDE {} }

Alice Kazin
      Participant

When we modify or add a file (tclproc, Table) in master site, we restart the process which is using this file.   “Purge caches” doen’t seem to work.

Are you using the master site to store other files?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Hmmm I am on Cloverleaf 5.6 and Purge Caches seems to work for me even for Master Site Tables.

I will do a more specific test.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Daniel Lee
      Participant

No, we have the Xlates in the specific sites that use the Xlates but we have “certain” tables in the master site.  When we try to complile the Xlates they complain that they can’t find the tables in the master.

Daniel Lee
      Participant

We have a support call open with Cloverleaf.  I’ll let you know the answer when we figure it out.

Paul Bishop
      Participant

three years later – did you ever figure this out?

Paul Bishop
      Carle Foundation Hospital
      Urbana, IL

When you first enable the master site, you must bounce everything, hostserver, daemons, and processes.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags