hciconnstatus and Threads on Hold

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf hciconnstatus and Threads on Hold

• Creator
    Topic
    Rob Lindsey
    Participant

AIX 6.1

CL 5.8.5

I know that sometimes we have outbound threads that have been placed on HOLD from the GUI NetMonitor.  It can be very difficult to know when running the command line utilities to know if a thread is on Hold.  What I found out doing some research into the hciconnstatus utility is that it communicates with the monitor daemon and the status of “hold” is returned but is not displayed on the screen.  Below is a sample of one of the threads that is on Hold.

{res_fb_ob o_win_ftpbox up up 1406305170 hold}

Of course the layout is process, thread, state, proto status, date/time, flag.  I call the last column a flag because there is no reference to it in hciconnstatus.  

Here is a sample of one not on hold:

{hosp i_wlmt_hor up opening 1406214116}

Now I have created our own version of hciconnstatus and now show the “flag” column beyond the date/time column.  Of course I made it blink and a few other things because I wanted it to stand out for my team.

A question to Rob Abbott and team at Infor, why have you not displayed this information in hciconnstatus?

Let me know if you would like to see what I changed to get this to show up.

Rob

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Rob,

Thanks for this tidbit; good information.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

bill whatley
      Participant

Rob,

Thanks for that timely piece of information.  I had resigned myself to using hcimsiutil to get that information (looking for “Proto Flags :0x1, as found on another post in the forum), but a modded hciconnstatus would be much more elegant (and to the point) since the data is already there.

-bw

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Bill:

hciconnstatus in a Tcl script in the $HCIROOT/bin directory.  Back it up (ALWAYS) and modify it to do what you wish

Apply those learned Tcl skills   😀

bill whatley
      Participant

Also (and always) a good tip, thx Charlie  ðŸ˜€

Rob – I just implemented your tip, thx again!

Rob Lindsey
      Participant

Glad to help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags