Has anyone applied the 6.2.1 patch?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Has anyone applied the 6.2.1 patch?

• Creator
    Topic
    Sophie Chege
    Participant

We are scheduled to apply this patch and would like to know if there are any other sites that have done so and if there were any issues.

Thanks

Sophie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jeff Anderson
      Participant

We’ve been on 6.2.1.0P since February and haven’t had any issues so far.

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Have you found any useful features or improvements that make upgrading from 6.2.0.2 to 6.2.1 worthwhile?

Peter Heggie

Sophie Chege
      Participant

Peter-

Some performance issues with 6.2 affecting AIX customers are addressed in 6.2.1 (See Rob’s note about 6.2 and AIX). All of the issues are supposedly fixed in 6.2.2 which was slated to be released in May.

Jeff Anderson
      Participant

We are on Linux. I saw no noticeable difference. We were in the middle of migration so did the update while we were still testing.

Sophie Chege
      Participant

Thank you Jeff

Lonnie Davis
      Participant

We too are scheduled to install the 6.2.1 patch soon to resolve performance issues we have been having with AIX caused by the error DB.

The change with the error DB got me thinking about the recovery DB.  Is the application of this update destructive to the recovery DB?  There is a good chance we will have data in the recovery DB during the installation of this patch and I was wondering if installing this patch will destroy messages there.

Jeff Anderson
      Participant

Hey Lonnie, how’s it going? I didn’t see any issues with the recovery database.

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Applying this patch is not destructive to the recovery database.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Lonnie Davis
      Participant

Thanks Jeff and Rob!  I will report back here with details on any issues encountered.

Sophie Chege
      Participant

Thank you Lonnie. I will do the same.

Lonnie Davis
      Participant

The 6.2.1 patch was applied to the production server at my facility on Sunday night and it went smoothly.  The only aspect of the install that raised some eyebrows was that the installation script took longer than expected to change ownership on files.  I don’t know what files it was changing ownership on, but it took a few minutes.  Other than that, there were no issues at all.

One day post installation I haven’t seen any real noticeable differences in performance from last week.  However, since my facility is running AIX we did have a problem in one site as a result of the error database this patch was to fix. That problem was corrected on the spot by replacing the error database file for that one site only.   I expect this patch will prevent the issue from happening in the future with other sites.

I guess I can consider it a good thing that there isn’t much to report.  Our production environment is running normally with no noticeable changes good or bad.

mike brown
      Participant

Good Job on the Upgrade of the 6.2.1 patch, Lonnie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags