HACMP/XD

• Creator
    Topic
    Ruth Chong
    Participant

Hi Everyone here, the interface experts,

Need advise desperately, currently, our hospital is running on QDX5.3 on os AIX 5.1, we are running HACMP with a very basic recommended setup with node 1 and node 2 and a SAN storage which is where we park our Cloverleaf application and message logging.

Our HA is working fine when it failover from one node to another with Cloverleaf up and running, it takes about 10 to 15min. Both nodes sit side by side…guess pretty fast.

Recently due to businesss need, we decided to move node 2 somewhere more than 1500M, so HACMP/XD is recommended. But we were told that potentially we are no longer able to achieve 15min after the failover..and performance may be a issue. Has anhyone here use HACMP/XD technology for any server with CLoverleaf installed? How bad is the performance? Another thing being introduce is replication will be done realtime which we do not do now in our current setting..All these will affect the performance, is there any other better way if really we need to separate both node really physically far apart?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      William Grow
      Participant

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about your post. When you say that you park your cloverleaf application and logging on the SAN, do you mean that the full cloverleaf installation is on the SAN?

Ruth Chong
      Participant

William Grow wrote:

Hi,

David Teh
      Participant

Hi Ruth,

Have you gone ahead with the implementation?

I would be interested to know the experiences of others who have implemented ‘geographic HA’. One of my cluster’s hospital is contemplating something similar.

In addition to Ruth’s questions, any issues on licensing?

Thanks!

Ruth Chong wrote:

William Grow wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about your post. When you say that you park your cloverleaf application and logging on the SAN, do you mean that the full cloverleaf installation is on the SAN?

Hi William

Yes, but with HACMP/XD and plus to save cost, potentially, beef up each node internal hardisk and let the replication syn 2 nodes when there is a write..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags