Gotchas/considerations moving from 5.6 to 6.0 AND a new OS

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Gotchas/considerations moving from 5.6 to 6.0 AND a new OS

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Beall
    Participant

We’re planning on upgrading from 5.6 to 6.0 AND migrating from HP UX to Linux at the same time.  I’m interested in any gotchas/considerations with this approach.  For example, does the 6.0 install process perform any conversions on existing TCL scripts, formats, xlates, etc?  I’m thinking we’ll install 6.0 on the new box (which has never had Cloverleaf running on it), then copy over our two sites (one live, one test/development) so the 5.6 objects won’t exist when 6.0 is installed.  Curious to know if anyone has done this or is aware of problems with this approach.  FWIW we get CL via a reseller (McKesson).

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Jim,

We are planning to do the same: migrate from CL5.5/HP-UX ia64 to CL6.0/Linux RHL. First we need to get permission/money for this though, so knowing our procedures it will take a while before we can really start.

We get CL via our Dutch reseller e.Novation and they will support us on this migration. So I’m sure they will get all the formats/Xlates working. The main issues that I see will be TCL or shell-scripts that include HP-UX commands; we will need to convert this to the appropriate Linux commands. And we have some NFS/Samba shares on our HP-UX servers, which are critical to some interfaces so we need to get these working on Linux as well.

So I’m curious as well if others have taken the same step and what problems they encountered.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags