Global Tables, procs, formats, pdls, etc.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Product Enhancements Global Tables, procs, formats, pdls, etc.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Participant

I would like to see a way to have “global” files like tables, tclprocs, and formats (HL7, VRL, etc.).  That way if I wanted to use the same file over multiple sites, I could do so without having to copy the files – then I have to remember to make changes to multiple sites, stuff like that.

I think that would be useful.  Knowing my luck – there’s probably a way to do this that I’m not aware of…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

I took a look at the qdx5.2/integrator (above the sites) directory and see a format, tclprocs, and Tables subdirectory.  Would not these be available to all sites?  Can you put a Xlate subdirectory there, too?

Anonymous
      Participant

I do not have those directories in my HCIROOT, except for the tclprocs – put I don’t think that directory is available to sites because there is a whole list of tcls that I’ve not used and have not heard of.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Matt,

As a matter of fact, all of the Tcl procs in the $HCIROOT tclprocs directory which are referenced in tclIndex file are referenceable in any site.

So you could put your own reusable, generic procs there and they would be available to all sites.

There is a caveat however. When you get a new release of Cloverleaf that directory is rebuilt with what is distributed and everything you put there is gone.

What we do is to use soft links from the $HCIROOT tclprocs directory to the directory where the procs actually exist (you still need to do a mktclindex in $HCIROOT tclprocs directory). The resident location for us is a site we created which is only used to be a repository for global objects. No real integrations are defined in this site.

We can discuss this further as to how we at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center accomplish global engine objects (more than just procs) at the User Conference next week.

I as of yet have never found a need for global Xlates – but the methodology we employ would allow that to occur.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Anonymous
      Participant

Look forward to seeing you there.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Product Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags