Getting ' isntead of an apostrophe on PID.5

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Tcl Library Getting ' isntead of an apostrophe on PID.5

• Creator
    Topic
    Amy Dubon
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

At my organization we are getting PID.5 with the characters shown on the subject when it should be an apostrophe. is there any TCL code that you could suggest me to fix this issue?

Thank You!

Amy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Are you using an Xlate?

If so, one way is to check the second subcomponent (assuming the & is indeed your subcomponent separator) for ‘#39’.

If true CONCAT the first subcomponent with ‘ (apostrophe) placing the result in the PID-5 field.

The above assumes no use of either BULKCOPY or PATHCOPY (for the PID segment or the PID-5 field).

If you have any further questions and would like to discuss this in more detail feel free to email me.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Having said what I have though, it is apparent the sending system is providing the html value of the apostrophe.

Have you asked the sending system to correct that? That is the safest approach.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Amy Dubon
      Participant

the sending system says they are sending apostrophes and I was looking for  a way to fix it internally.

in the case Xlates are not being used, could this be resolved with any regex or tbl on a tcl code?

thank you!

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I suppose regsub or string map Tcl commands could be used. Perhaps one of the Tcl folks on the forum will chime in.

Personally though, I think you have proof they are not sending apostrophes, so in my opinion they need to take closer look.

Amy Dubon
      Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Tcl Library’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags