FTP UPoC?

• Creator
    Topic
    Carl Duff
    Participant

Hi all,

I need to FTP a charge file into Cloverleaf for processing and outbound send. This inbound filename changes daily and cannot be deleted.

I have fumbled my way through part of the fileset-FTP protocol and achieved part of my goals but it seems as if it would be much easier to use the FTP tcl package and a UPoC.

So….two questions, please.

Is the FTP UPoC doable and do you have an example you would be willing to share since I can’t seem to make it work.

Any advice, assistance, thoughts, comments, prayers appreciated!!

I can’t tell you guys how valuable this site is to us ‘freshmen’ Cloverleaf developers.

Thanks again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Carl,

In my opinion it would be much easier to have the sending system FTP the charge file to Cloverleaf. This way you can handle the file with Local-Fileset and the sending system can delete (or archive) the charge file, so you will have each file only once.

Is this an option for you?

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Carl Duff
      Participant

The lab vendor would prefer not to do an outbound ftp.

Currently in production, we ftp the charge file in via a scheduled task and .htc file and it works well 95% of the time. But, from time to time, we have issues with the scheduled task manager and a manual process is required wich causes the charge reports to be late.

So I’d like to get away from the scheduled task and do the ftp via a UPoC if possible. I reaserched on here and found that is probably do-able but I couldn’t find examples and I can’t make my code work. It hangs on the ” ftp::Open labvendor username password ” command and I’m out of ideas.

Thanks for the response.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

There is a pretty good FTP package available with tcllib.  The latest is  tcllib1.9 I think.  Google for it you can download from many places.

Carl Duff
      Participant

Thanks Charlie but I have the tcllib already installed. Please excuse my ignorance but the tcllib is what allows me to (hopefully) do the FTP with the UPoC, right??

My code doesn’t complain on the “package require ftp”…it just hangs on the ftp::open command.

I was hoping someone would share a working UPoC I could get some guidance from.

Thanks again,

Carl

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Here is one I have used in the past.  It may not be exactly what you want as the people I did this for had some specific requirements.  Modify to fit your needs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags