FTP from Engine to another server

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf FTP from Engine to another server

• Creator
    Topic
    Gena Gill
    Participant

I have TCL proc that takes an MDM message and converts it to a text file and puts it into an outfile on the engine.  Each MDM message becomes one document with a unique filename.

I’ve been working with support to set up an FTP to send the documents from hciqdx5.6integratorsitenamefolder to a share on the other server at \servernamefolder

So far, we’ve had nothing but problems getting this set up.  I’m attaching screenshots of the fileset options and FTP options tabs.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Gena,

If I interpret your configuration correctly, you’re trying to receive and send the files with only one thread? That’s not going to work.

You will need one (fileset-local) thread to read the files from hciqdx5.6integratorsitenamefolder, then send these files/messages raw to another (ftp) thread, which will send the files to \folder.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Gena Gill
      Participant

I’ve totally changed what I’m doing, because I did figure out doing this in the one thread wouldn’t work.

The problem now is that I need to retain the file names, which are all unique.  In the set up now, on the outbound, I have to specify a file name, so all of my documents are losing the file names that I need, and are all under this generic file name.

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Ah, you’re on the right way then!

To retain the original filename, you will need a specific TCL-proc called gc_getIBFilesetNameForOB (at least, that’s the proc we have for this). You will need to use this proc in the inbound thread in two places:

* TPS Directory Parse in the Protocol Properties

* TPS Inbound Data

Just place this proc in these two places (without any additional parameters) and the original filename will be stored as metadata with the message. When sending the message in the outbound thread, this original filename will be used. You can leave the ‘file name’ on the outbound thread empty, or put in something like ”; this will be overwritten.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Ruth Berge
      Participant

Where can I get tcl file mentioned in this thread?

Gena Gill
      Participant

I got it from Jim Kosloskey.  It works beautifully.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags