FTP Connection Encoding Override

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf FTP Connection Encoding Override

• Creator
    Topic
    Jerry Tilsley
    Participant

All,

Is it possible with the protocol driver control to set something like the FILESET to change which encoding is used for the connection to send?  I have a connection that needs both ASCII and binary and was hoping maybe I could toggle between?  Any advise on this?

Jerry

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jerry,

Do you mean different for the same file or that different files to the same connection will have different needs?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

Different encoding for different files on the same connection.  One file is a flat ASCII file, the other is an encrypted file that needs to be sent as BINARY.

Jerry

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Is there a reason why you don’t just set up 2 destination threads one with ASCII specified and one with Binary specified?

Then route the appropriate files to the appropriate destinations.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

For a connection that only sends two files a day, I’d rather not have another connection that just clutters if I can just do some code to keep it clean.  I may have to go the second connection route, just trying not to.

Jerry

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Well I don’t have a system to check but have you checked to see if the setting is in the metadata?

If it is, then perhaps you can change the setting with each message based on file name in the Outbound Tps.

Just supposing here.

Personally I find something hidden like ths code in the Outbound Tps to more troublesome from a maintenance and troubleshooting aspect than having 2 destination threads which to me make things seem more obvious. But that is just me.

Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

I understand your concern with the outbound TPS and such, but i’m the only one here so that narrows the trouble down to just me.  I’m not sure if anything exists in the metadata or not, that is what I was hoping to find out here.

Jerry

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Look in the documentation. All of the usable FTP metadata fields are listed there I think.

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Looks like FTPTYPE can be set to i or a

I haven’t done this but it’s in the help doc.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags