FRL to HL7 xlate – 5.6

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf FRL to HL7 xlate – 5.6

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Rioux
    Participant

We are currently doing testing to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.6.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      John Hamilton
      Participant

I would check you HL7 variants.

Make sure that the EVN segement is defined the same on both.

It may be that simple.

I’m betting somewhere in the translation it copies MSH 9 to the EVN. But the EVN is not defined in your variant so it fails.

This is just a guess it could be something else but this is where I would start.

Tom Rioux
      Participant

John Hamilton wrote:

I would check you HL7 variants.

Make sure that the EVN segement is defined the same on both.

It may be that simple.

I’m betting somewhere in the translation it copies MSH 9 to the EVN. But the EVN is not defined in your variant so it fails.

This is just a guess it could be something else but this is where I would start.

Well, first of all, the HL7 variants are the same.

Joseph Benigno
      Participant

Could there be a Tcl proc somewhere?

I would check the Pre & Post Procs on your Route and the TPS Outbound on your thread.

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Joseph Benigno wrote:

I would check the Pre & Post Procs on your Route and the TPS Outbound on your thread.

Nope…..no Tcl procs anywhere.  This ain’t my first rodeo. I’ve checked all the usual suspects and the only conclusion I can come up with is that Cloverleaf is doing something in the background to populate (or in the case of 5.6) or not populate the MSH.9 and EVN.1 based on the output record format defined under the “reconfigure” selection within the xlate.  Maybe someone with Quovadx can confirm this or not.  

Thanks…

Tom Rioux

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Joseph Benigno wrote:

Nope…..no Tcl procs anywhere.  This ain’t my first rodeo. I’ve checked all the usual suspects and the only conclusion I can come up with is that Cloverleaf is doing something in the background to populate (or in the case of 5.6) or not populate the MSH.9 and EVN.1 based on the output record format defined under the “reconfigure” selection within the xlate.  Maybe someone with Quovadx can confirm this or not.  

Thanks…

Tom Rioux

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tom,

Why not construct a simplistic Xlate in 5.2 and the same one in 5.6 wherein you only copy something like the PID-3?

Run it through the tester and compare results.

If you don’t get the EVN set in 5.2 then something else is doing it, if it is set, then the Xlate is doing it.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Tom Rioux
      Participant

I made a copy of the xlate and already have it down pretty simple.  I’m only doing some hard copies in the MSH segment (but not MSH.9) and one field in the PID segment.  It is still not populating the EVN.1 like it was in 5.2.  

Dazed and confuzed….

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tom,

That sure sounds like something to bring to support’s attention.

Either 5.2 was wrong or 5.6 is wrong it looks like.

Jim

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags