Force 19.1 to use SMAT file not SMAT DB

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Force 19.1 to use SMAT file not SMAT DB

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    William Grow
    Participant

Good morning,

I am on version 19.1. I want to switch to SMAT file not SMAT DB. Is that possible?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

I believe this is controlled from the Server Administration GUI.  My understanding is that the file-based SMAT is being deprecated, so you may want to consider staying with the SMAT DB as this is the standard going forward.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

William Grow
      Participant

Does not appear to be an option under server administrator at least on 19.1 with Windows.  I am aware of that direction e, but there are other scripts that run that depend on the smat files at least for now.

Todd Hamilton
      Participant

William,

I would use a “replicate and rename” approach if you wanted to modify an existing site by changing the SMAT setup from SMATDB to SMAT files. Basically, create a new SMAT file-based site and “load” that new site with the old site configuration. (there are many ways to do this). Then rename the two sites appropriately.

If your goal were to provide SMATDB data to an external process that requires SMAT Files, I would create a conversion process that converts the specific SMAT DB to a set of SMAT Files and then serves the SMAT Files to your external process.

Stay with SMATDB and create new processes to appease old legacy needs if you can.

Todd

todd.hamilton.omaha@gmail.com
      (402) 660-2787

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags