Fileset-ftp – Walk the tree?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Fileset-ftp – Walk the tree?

• Creator
    Topic
    Dennis Dunn
    Participant

Hi,

Can the fileset-ftp protocol handle subdirectories?  One of our clients puts files for us to process in a directory on an ftp site, one directory for each days data.  Can the the fileset-ftp protocol walk the directory tree, processing each file it finds?

I also would like to know how I would archive these files after they’ve been processed.   I know the ftp protocol has GET and PUT commands but I don’t think there is a MOVE command.

I can also access this directory using SMB, can the fileset-local use UNC naming conventions to find the files when running on Windows?

My other option is to script some ftp client to fetch the files and copy them locally where Cloverleaf can pick them up.  Any recommendations there?

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Dennis Dunn
      Participant

I am totally stoked on tcl!  After posting my request this morning for information I fired up http://www.tcl.tk and discovered that Yes! tcl can access UNC paths on Windows.  It took a couple of hours to write and test the little bit of tcl that does everything I need it to do.  Pretty much everthing was done with file and glob.

Thanks!

–dennis

{Sounds like a law firm – Phyle and Glob, LLP  :)}

Farhan Modjdehi
      Participant

Hi Dennis,

Do you mind sharing your code?

Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags