fileset-ftp

• Creator
    Topic
    Laurie Chaplen
    Participant

Hi, I’m quite to Cloverleaf and need to setup a process to ftp a file from an outside directory through Cloverleaf and ftp it out.  I’m struggling with the inbound thread and keep getting bind errors.  Here are my settings.

Fileset options:

Inbound Directory /qdx/qdx5.7/integrator/test_data/dev_data/Inbound/XXXX

Style: eof

FTP Options:

Hostname: ftp01

My concern is the host is\ftp01 how do I designate Cloverleaf to look at the \ftp01orders  where the data is located.  

Any help is appreciated.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

You might be better served to have Cloverleaf be the server for the inbound data, in that the outside system will connect and drop the file on Cloverleaf.  In that way, a simple Clovelreaf file type interface can read the directory, find the file and send it on.

Here, that’s what we do, all inbound FTP’s are dropped into Cloverleaf and all outbounds are initiated by Cloverleaf (via korn shell scripts run out of Cron).

Hope this helps,

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Laurie,

Robert’s solution works and is the easiest, especially the inbound ftp, where we too ask the sending system to just drop the files onto the cloverleaf server.

However we do have an inbound ftp-thread that gets the files from a remote location. Configuration is pretty straightforward.

PROTOCOL: fileset-ftp

On tab ‘Fileset Options’:

Inbound

Directory:

Style: EOF (or any other style you need)

Scheduling

Fill in Read Interval, Scan Interval and Max Messages as needed.

On tab ‘FTP Options’:

FTP Account Information

Login:

Password:

FTP Options

You can fiddle with these settings, but normally it’s not necessary.

FTP Host Information

Host:

Port: ftp.

That should do it.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

indra boddu
      Participant

Hi I will sending HL7 messages on daily basis  via FTP and I want the file names to be unique. i.e I would like to add date to the file name and schedule the file at 1:00AM everyday. Any suggestions on unique file name

Richard Hart
      Participant

Hi Indra.

This is what we use, with myObDir statically set in the code and the ‘my’ variables parsed from the message and the counter created if it doesn’t exist at thread startup.

set myObFile ${mySiteCode}_[CtrNextValue $myObSequence]_${myVisit}.xml

msgmetaset $aMsgId DRIVERCTL “{FILESET {{OBFILE $myObFile} {OBDIR $myObDir} {OBAPPEND 0} {OBSTYLE single}}}”

Bala Pisupati
      Participant

I did exactly how robert has explained, the file is being picked up from the mentioned location but the data never comes to the thread. any help there.

James Cobane
      Participant

Bala,

Insure that your ‘Style’ is set correctly to how you want to process the data, that you have routing configured correctly, and no inbound data procs are KILL’ing the message.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags